SAM-e Homocysteine Plasma Test (MP)
• *Also known as Methylation Profile Plasma Test
• Blood Draw Required
• See product description for further details
• This test requires a blood draw which facilitates the need to go to a clinic, visit a health care professional, or to have a phlebotomist come to one’s home
• Prior to placing an order, one should consider sourcing a location or an at home service that can accommodate a blood draw
• HHI cannot assist in locating a facility to perform this procedure
This test can only be shipped within the United States and can not be shipped internationally.
This test is not available to residents of New York; any orders and/or samples originating from the state of New York will automatically be cancelled. Residents of Maryland are prohibited from ordering directly and will need to have their healthcare practitioner order the test on their behalf.
This is not the same as the DNA Methylation Pathway Test.
Measurement of six primary indicators of methionine metabolism and provision of the "methylation index"
Amino acids and metabolites by Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectometry
Requires single, overnight fasting plasma sample
• S-adenosylmethionine (SAM)
• S-adenosylhomocysteine (SAH)
Normal metabolism of the essential amino acid methionine is critical for cellular Methylation of DNA, proteins and neurotransmitters. Also, the methionine transsulfuration pathway provides conditionally essential cysteine which is the rate-limiting amino acid in glutathione biosynthesis. Aberrant methionine metabolism can occur in both genders at any age and can be associated with numerous health consequences.
Please indicate if you would like your test results to come with or without Dr. Amy’s client file review.
Dr. Amy’s client file review = Dr. Amy’s personalized comments on your test results that you can review with your own health care professional. As always, consult with your health care professional.
If selecting WITH:
• Your test results will be personally reviewed and commented on by Dr. Amy.
• There is no additional charge for this service.
• Your Supplement List and Client History Form are required; these need to be completed prior to Dr. Amy reviewing your test results and commenting on them.
• Your Supplement List and Client History Form can be located, saved, submitted, and updated within Your Health Companion.
• To avoid any delay, please promptly fill out your Supplement List and Client History Form.
• Results will be released to you after Dr. Amy reviews and comments.
• As always, consult with your health care professional.
If selecting WITHOUT:
• Your test results will be released to you as soon as they are completed by the lab.